Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A life forever changed.



John 3:1 to 6

There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 aThis man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for bno one can do these signs that You do unless cGod is with him.”

3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, dunless one is born 1again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”

5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, eunless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is fflesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit . NKV

Wow! What a night! I was no sooner at my desk when I had to deal with some issues that others choose to disregard; of course that makes me the bad guy. This led to a "put your foot down period". Looking back, I knew Satan was trying to steal my peace and joy. After a few minutes I got out my "Utmost for his Highest" Devotional. The verse was John 13:37. It was about waiting on Gods timing and not rushing ahead of God without clear direction. An individual called me and wanted me to answer some questions. I went to his room and was bombarded with questions. It seems the light of Christ shines brighter the place. After I returned to my desk, there was an actual line waiting 3 people deep! They brought there bibles, their questions and want to discuss things of God. I noticed the third one was a little shy, so I told him to come and asked him what was on his mind. I am not permitted to start a conversation and that's a wise thing, but since they started the conversation, I knew it would be OK. He told me a story we have all heard 1000 times or have experienced ourselves. A shattered life, a search for anything to fill the void in our hearts and emptiness inside. Drugs, alcohol and eventually jail.


I told him of our Jesus, my hope in him and his Lordship of my life. I told him that in every human heart is a cross shaped vacuum. We try to stop it up with things this world says will make us happy; Money, sex, booze and drugs. Nothing can fill that void but Jesus. He told me how he had been carrying around a big bag of emotional trash and a load of sin he did not know what to do with. I told him to lay it all at the Saviors feet, to dump it at the foot of the cross. Lastly, I told him he needed Jesus as his Savior and needed to be saved.
So I asked him a question, the question. Did he want to be saved and he said yes. I led him in prayer ,right where we were. He gave his heart to Jesus. No parting clouds or angelic choir, just two sinners saved by grace as it should be. It was as Jesus explained to Nicodemus in today's reading. We must be born again. Human lives so wrecked, so damaged, so polluted with sin, that the only way is to be born anew, dead to one life and alive again to Christ. A life forever changed for God and God alone. Let us pray:

Lord, I thank you that I could be placed in this mans path. That we can discuss the human need for rebirth and for allowing me to be the pencil in your hands. Lord there are so many more around us. Help us to see with spiritual eyes those who are hurting and in need of you. Lord surround this man with fellowship and positive influences to keep him in your constant care. He needs you now more than ever. Keep him safe from the attacks of the evil one. I pray this also for all those reading this. In Jesus; name, Amen.

 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment