Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What do YOU think of the Son?


 

2nd Samuel 22:2,3  And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; 3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my savior; thou saves me from violence.

The Holy Bible : King James Version.

 

My Sr. Pastor shared this story and I wanted to do so as well. There was once a very wealthy art collector. He had a vast collection filled with The Dutch Master and The Italian Masters. A collection of vast value. This man was a widower with only 1 son. The son was taken as a P.O.W.  The son was not badly injured, but there were others who were much worse off. The Son befriended one certain prisoner. They were constant encouragement to each other. After a time the son took ill. His friend tried as best he could, but the son slipped away. The other prisoner was an amateur artist, and painted a picture of the son. After he was liberated he mailed the painting to the father.

The father loved the painting. It was far from the standards that the collector was use to but it was his Son, a final thing of him. The Old man loved and cherished it till his last day. After his death an auction was held for the vast collection. The first item up for bid was the painting of the son. The auctioneer started the bidding at $1000 dollars. Not one bid was made. The price fell time and time again. Finally, someone bid a dollar. With that the gavel fell. "Sold" said the auctioneer. "That concludes the auction". Those gathered were in an uproar. "What of the master works?" they asked.

The auctioneer simply said, "Whoever has the son, has it all."

I want to ask you a question today. What do you think of the Christ? (Matt 22:42) Was he simply a good man? A Gifted teacher? Our example? The Messiah or Christ? Is he Lord of all? A few days ago I said, "Loyalty to Christ must be linked with Lordship". There is a third link in that chain or triangle and that is discipleship. Remove one and the rest collapse. To be a loyal disciple, he must be Lord. To call him Lord, you must be a loyal disciple. If we truly love him, we must be willing to forsake all including ourselves and lay it all at the foot of the cross. We must be willing to tell him "All that I am, all that I have, everything I give to you". "Do with me, your bond servant as you will." What do YOU think of The Son? How you answer that question will determine your eternal destination and you will be confronted with that 3 link chain. How are you going to answer? Let us pray:

My Lord, my master and my God. To be named as one of those who are called by your name, is all I desire in this life. What is to come in Glory can not be compared to the trials of this life. I am yours. Yours to direct and use as YOU see fit. I am not my own, I have been bought with a price only you could pay. Help us all to live as your servants should. For no other reason than to bring Glory to you. In Jesus’ Holy name and for his sake, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment